Hope everyone had a nice New Years. It's January 4th, and the world is back to work.
My 2018 planning is complete, so I thought I'd share my 2018 New Year's "Resolutions" (aka Goals).
- Hire an assistant. You don't pay me to fill out paperwork. You pay me to guide you towards your best financial lives. An assistant will free up time so I can spend it in the most impactful ways.
- Onboard remaining clients to the new service model. 2017's focus was to upgrade my service model to something my clients are stark, raving mad about. How I serve clients - contact frequency, service offering (retirement, college, investments, etc.), easy-to-use client technology - is my "product." Based on clients who have upgraded and embraced the technology, I've nailed it. Now I need to chase down clients who haven't been quite as responsive.
- Launch my marketing campaign. With a product I am proud of, I'm excited to share it with the rest of the world. "To help and educate as many people as possible" has been part of my mission statement since 2008. It's time to help the masses.
- Hire a junior financial planner. The strategy behind your financial plan is the hard part. Taking that strategy and putting it into a client-friendly design is labor-intensive, but not difficult. That's the perfect place for a junior planner to learn the ropes and prepare for taking on client relationships.
- Take guitar lessons. I've been self-taught for 4 years. It's time to leverage an expert.
There are many other smaller goals I've set, but those are the big 5. If I accomplish nothing else this year than those 4 goals, I will have a successful 2018.
Now it's your turn. What are your big goals for 2018?
Send them my way. I would love to hear from you!